New Narratiive research shows that during Ramadan Saudi Arabians do the majority of Internet consumption between 11pm and 5am.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 23 June, 2015–Narratiive (EM), the digital audience profiling and data intelligence solutions provider, has released insights on Internet usage during Ramadan 2014 for South East Asia (SEA) and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Narratiive identified that during Ramadan the digital behaviours of many consumers changes significantly, requiring businesses to change their approach during this important period.
In Saudi Arabia most Internet consumption occured during the night (between 11pm and 5am). This is a dramatic shift to the regular behaviours for other months of the year.
For UAE, Malaysia and Indonesia there was increased activity through the night and particularly before sunrise, but not as dramatic as Saudi Arabia. For example, in Indonesia there is a spike in Unique Browsers (UB’s) between 4am and 5am as people rise to eat before sunrise.
Other key insights from the EM study include:
- In Saudi Arabia, the peak hour for Internet consumption during Ramadan is from 4am to 5am. This is compared to the peak outside Ramadan of 1pm to 2pm.
- In UAE, overnight traffic sees a dramatic increase during Ramadan, with Internet traffic between 2 am and 5 am being twice that of other months.
- In the UAE, during the evening Internet traffic peaks at 8pm, which suggest that people go online straight after Iftar.
- In Indonesia, Internet consumption peaks in the early hours of the morning around 4am suggesting that they get up early before sunrise to access the Internet and eat.
- In Malaysia, Internet peaks in the early hours of the morning around 5am suggesting that they get up a little later than Indonesia to access the Internet and eat before sunrise.
- Of content being consumed during Ramadan, there was no difference to categories outside Ramadan, nor regions that content was being consumed from.
“Ramadan is a key period for digital advertisers. These Narratiive insights, confirms that Advertisers need to work with their agencies to review their online media strategy during Ramadan to ensure they are marketing to people at the right time, given their different internet consumption behaviour.”
For media interviews or more information on this press release please contact: Narratiive Chief Revenue Officer, Dinesh Arasaratnam on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the complete infographic on Internet consumption for UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and Indonesia during and outside of Ramadan, click here.
Narratiive is a leading provider of digital audience, brand and advertising effectiveness measurement and targeting solutions, bringing best practice online measurement data to premium publishers, agencies, networks, advertisers and researchers. The EM solutions offer brands, media and agencies invested in Oceania, Europe, Southeast Asia, Middle East North Africa and South Africa, a clear insight into their online audience and the ever-growing Internet population. www.narratiive.com.